Voting

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Don't Ever Want to Paint Again.

Until it's time to do the bathroom and bedroom...of coarse.

I am DONE. I thought the day would never come, but I finished painting my great room (front room, kitchen and family room). I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I think it took me over 6 months. I guess that happens when you have a new baby, have to do three coats on every surface, and work solo. I don't have pictures of the kitchen and family room yet because I haven't gotten all the decorations back in place, so I'll post those later. Here is the front room. It's funny how a house full of hand-me-downs looks so different with a little fresh paint on the walls. I still want to change the carpet, and I have a little more decorating I want to do, but who doesn't, right?
BEFORE: (notice the nasty gray trim)
AFTER:

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Well done! It's amazing what slapping a coat (or two or three) of paint on can do! That'll be Trav and I this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Mer! That looks so nice with some color on it! Doesn't it just warm your home right up? I hear ya on the painting job though. They are not the funnest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your patience paid off. I like the contrast, and am curious how the rest of the great room looks. Any pictures? We should just come up and see it in person. Tell Tyson I ran into his mom at Sahara auditing. I was surprised she recognized me.

    ReplyDelete